I have been meal planning for well over a year now. It has helped us stick to a budget, eat well rounded meals and feel less stressed during the busy weeks. I do love my meal plans!
I thought it would be fun to share with you our top 10 Favorite Family Dinners. All of these are tried and true. They have made it into the rotation multiple times and are OFTEN asked for. I will go on record saying that these are a hit with each and every one of my kids (and Ben too). I can’t say that about every meal we eat!
Top 10 Favorite Family Meals at the Blakesley Table
10. Breakfast for Dinner Night – The only one that doesn’t love this is Ben. Everyone else cheers for Beet Pancakes, French Toast, Eggs and sometimes bacon. Breakfast is usually so rushed in this house that it is nice to be able to really enjoy it in the evening!
9. Fresh Vegetable and Pork Lasagna – This one is so versatile and I always throw in season veggies in. Easy to make and another hit for everyone. Easy to sneak in the goodness here!
8. Homemade Spaghetti Sauce, Meatballs and Pasta – No explanation necessary. 😉 The best part? Making a huge pot of
7. Kale and Zucchini Meatloaf – Another hearty favorite! Love sneaking the veggies into this one.
6. Enchiladas with Acorn Squash Enchilada Sauce – I dream of freezing acorn squash just for this recipe. Enchilada sauce takes on a whole new meaning after eating this kind. And another one we all love.
5. Vegetable Soup – Mama H for the win. This one is the healthiest most delicious soups ever. We LOVE it! Usually served with grilled cheese at our house, the kids dig right in.
4. Tacos – I don’t even know what else to say about this one. I don’t have a special recipe. We just love tacos. Sour cream, salsa, avocado, shredded cheese and some delicious black beans and peppers. YUM!
3. Chicken Bruschetta Pasta – I always start to get excited for this dish as summer comes into play and the smell of fresh tomatoes and basil is in the air. That said, we at this dish mid-winter tonight. And it was delish! 😉 Fresh is the first word that comes to mind.
2. Irish Beef Stew – We tried this one on St. Patrick’s Day a few years ago and it was an instant hit. This was definitley a tie for first. The kids love this dish. After making it for a few years I definitely tweek the recipe just a bit – everyone always wants more gravy and I add a few other veggies!
1. Chicken Pot Pie – I have had to up our game recently and make 2 full Chicken Pot Pies. Ben was starting to get cranky that there were no leftovers and the kids were always going back for seconds. There are no tears at the table when this one is served!
What are some of your family’s meal plan favorites?