There’s just something about a snowman that makes me smile. The thought of C, G, and H making them on a snowy day, the simplicity of three balls of snow, a corn cob pipe and a button nose, or memories of Frosty songs long sung. These memories all bring joy and because of that, snowmen have become one of my go-to decorations.
I love the kids interpretations of them too. C insists that her snowmen have red Santa hats on.
So this season I gained a new obsession with wooden peg dolls. After making a successful birthday gift for H with them, I have been crafting with them since. What better to make than snowman ornaments that we can enjoy forever. And they are so simple that they’ll only take an afternoon.
How to Make a Painted Snowman Ornament
1. Taking a wooden peg doll of your choice in size, paint the entire thing white and then let dry completely. Apply a second coat if necessary.
2. Add eyes, carrot nose, mouth, arms, and mittens.
3. Using the clear varnish apply one coat over painted peg. Let dry.
4. Take a small screw ring and hammer it into top of snowman just until steady. Then screw it the rest of the way in.
5. Using the jute, apply it so you can hang an ornament.
Tell me, what’s your favorite snowman story?!
This week, 24 friends and I have been sharing our best recipes, printables, crafts, decor, and holiday traditions. If you missed the posts, check them out!
My friend Steph, from A Grande Life, gathered a group of us together for a fun round up of Christmas recipes, decor, printables, crafts, traditions AND an awesome giveaway! We are giving away a $250 Amazon Gift Card! Who’s feeling lucky? Join us for #25BlogsofChristmas and who knows YOU may be the lucky winner of the Amazon Gift Card! Good Luck! $250 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway