So…we made the move to Massachusetts!
It isn’t all said and done though. We finally bought a home, BUT, we don’t settle for another month. Luckily, Ben’s relocation came with some time in a furnished apartment so…we are living it up apartment style (read 1000sq. ft.) for a while.
Ben moved into the apartment a day ahead of us so as I was scanning Facebook one night with my feet up at my mom’s after putting the kids to bed, I read this:
All right, so the hallway smells like ham. I can live with that.
The kids and I rolled into town late the other evening and as we walked down the hallway, I thought, “where is this ham smell he speaks of?”. Well, as I opened our apartment door, I found out. It was IN THERE!!! Our apartment smells like a mix of ham and pizza. A Hawaiian Pizza of sorts. And I need to get it out.
Of course I consulted my #1 gal and she quickly spewed out a million suggestions for what to do. Where does she come up with this stuff?! Here they are in no particular order:
- Vinegar is your friend. #bettervinegarthanham You can even heat it to speed up getting rid of smells.
- Grab a diffuser and get the essential oils going.
- Baking soda. Sprinkle it on the carpets, leave it for 15 minutes and then vacuum it up.
- Mix lavendar and water and heat on the stove.
- Or cinnamon…cinnamon is good too. Or mulling spices…YUM!
- Freeze white vinegar and then run the cubes in the garbage disposal.
- Spray white vinegar mixed with water on curtains.
- Clean your light bulbs – smells can stick to them so make sure they’re clean! <– Who would have thought?!
Then I took to the internet:
- Leave a bowl of coffee grounds out and a bowl of vinegar.
That’s what I have. SO after vacumming after baking soda being sprinkled on the carpet and leaving little bowls of vinegar out as well as burning a candle, the apartment still stinks.
HELP!!! What’s worked for you?