We are on week 16 of our winter CSA and the carrots just keep coming! We have received them in our box for weeks now and hopefully they will continue. I must say, I can’t get enough of Eckerton’s carrots. There is just something about them!
While we like to eat them straight up (my kids love to pull a Bug’s Bunny and keep the greens on) and include them in many of our stews, soups, and roasts, I am always on the lookout for new recipes that incorporate these beautiful orange, beta carotene filled veggies in an interesting way. We are ready to try some new things!
Here are some creative ideas for these beautiful (kind of) triangle shaped delicacies. Did I mention that they are orange? 😉
- Juice – I don’t have a juicer, but I hear it is all the rave and I am pretty sure I would love fresh juice. Maybe that will be on a list of wonderful things that I would love for Mother’s Day! Here is a recipe that looks delicious for Apple, Beet, and Carrot juice and one for a Carrot Smoothie (which is right up our alley)!
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal – Sounds like a great breakfast!
- Quinoa Breakfast Cake Recipe with Carrots and Raisins – This is a gluten-free recipe that looks both delicious and full of healthy goodness. A must try for breakfast here in our house!
- Roasted Carrot Hummus – I am in LOVE with hummus and this recipe sounds wonderful! Paired with fresh veggies or some delicious crackers, it would be quite the treat.
- Pickled Carrots – I will need to try canning some of these this summer!
- Soup – We are not huge root veggie soup fans (when it is pureed) in this house, but these do sound tempting: Ginger-Carrot Soup and Coconut-Carrot Soup.
- Parmasean Crusted Baby Carrots – This would be a nice change of pace for a side dish.
- Carrot Croquettes – These will definitely be on the menu plan sometime soon, maybe for an Easter-time dinner! They would be perfect for a meatless Friday.
- Carrot Risotto – YUM!
- Carrot Cake – While I know that this isn’t necessarily original, I don’t always think about carrot cake when I get carrots. I am thinking some carrot cake muffins may be in our future! There are TONS of recipes out there, so use one or create your own. Here is a creative take on it with Baked Carrot Cake Doughnuts…
- Ricotta Carrot Bundt Cake – This looks amazing! Now I just need to get a bundt pan.
Photo credit: Photo taken by Taylor Hawthorne