There are obviously a million reasons why I love you, BUT, when I sit down today, right now to write my top 8 reasons that I love YOU as the father of my children, here is what they are:
1. Your Patience – It never ceases to amaze me quite how patient you can be with a bunch of little kids around you. Ours of course, but as you coach t-ball and sing music at our kid’s schools, your patience never stops…
2. You Treat Their Mother With Respect – One of the most important things that we will ever teach our children actually comes from you…how to treat women/a woman with respect. Thank you for always doing this.
3. Daddy Kid Days Exist – You are a father that enjoys spending time with his children. You don’t cringe at being alone with them. You develop activities with them that only you would do. Fun ones that they will always remember.
4. Adventures Are Your Thing – You keep our family adventurous (I love being your partner in crime) and always looking forward to the next one. Remember when we took three kids under 5 tent camping…yeah, that was fun.
5. Our Kids Eat Pizza Hut When They Are With You…sometimes – I realize this is completely crazy of me to say. I am into local, all natural, non-processed foods…WHY would I ever say I like (love) this about you? It is because you keep it real. We are not extremists in anything we do. This is a fun treat for our kids and I love you because you do something I can’t bear to.
6. You Are That Guy – You know, the one that would go out of his way to do good for other people no matter the circumstances. It is good for our kids to see this.
7. You Recycle – Again such a wonderful thing to teach our children and you make sure that it is a priority for everyone and keep everyone in check doing it.
8. You Clean Up – You are a dad that accepts a to-do list from his wife with open arms and I LOVE that (like with a million xo’s) about you but I also love that you aren’t afraid to clean up a mess or make sure the house is spotless when I get home from work sometimes. Love it!
My list could go on forever, but here, right now, these are my favorites. I love you Ben and Happy Father’s Day!