Fact: I used to listen to an armband Walkman brand radio with bright yellow headphones (the ones that you wore like a headband). I lost it a few years ago and I haven’t listened to music running since.
Myth: I love earbuds.
Fact: Recently I can be seen (and heard because I listen to it on the speakers of the phone sans earbuds) running through the neighborhood listening to Katy Perry’s album Firework on every.single.run since I am too lazy to make a playlist.
Due to the most recent fact, I am pretty sure I am in need of a new playlist (AND a new Walkman armband with headphones). I spent the weekend making one up hoping to inspire some fast and long running! I gotta say, when you run through your neighborhood singing and dancing to your modern day boombox that you are holding in your hand you feel pretty darn cool!
Here is what I have…feel free to add some suggestions in the comments:)
1. Let Me See Your Peacock – Katy Perry
2. Barrel of a Gun – Guster
3. Footloose – Kenny Loggins
4. Mr. Brightside – The Killers
5. American Slang – The Gaslight Anthem
6. Green Eyes and a Heart of Gold – The Lone Bellow
7. Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard – Paul Simon
8. Rolling in the Deep – Adele
9. Here We Go – Dispatch
10. Kick Drum Heart – The Avett Brothers
11. Power of Love – Huey Lewis and the News
12. Hey Soul Sister – Train
13. Raise Your Glass – Pink
14. I Will Wait – Mumford and Sons
For another great playlist, check out my post on our Family Dance Party Favorites!