So yesterday I posted about visiting Peace Valley Lavender Farm (not only a gorgeous smelling place but also beautiful as well!) and I wrote about how making a lavender cake was something that was on my list of to-do’s. Well, I just couldn’t wait any longer and so I made a lavender cake for my family to enjoy. I am SO tooting my own horn here because this lavender cake that I made…yeah, it was AMAZING! I highly suggest you get some organic culinary lavender and make one stat! I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did!
Glazed Lavender Lemon Cake
inspired by Toast and Life’s Lemon Sour Cream Cake
1 2/3 sticks of butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
rind of one lemon, zested
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup sour cream (I used the light version)
1 1/2 tsp. culinary lavender + a sprinkling
Juice of 1 lemon
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with butter.
2. Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and lemon zest and beat by hand until creamy.
3. Stir together baking powder and flour.
4. Alternate flour and sour cream, mixing into egg mixture until incorporated.
5. Fold in lavender.
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes until knife comes out clean.
7. Cool completely.
8. To make glaze, stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Spread over top of bread and sprinkle with fresh lavender.
Eat this cake up!! Look at it…how could you not?
Because I love connecting with others, this post is linked to: Pin It Tuesdays