If your CSA or Farmer’s Market is anything like mine right now, it is full of EGGPLANT! I for one am not a huge pure eggplant fan and often enjoy it in something. I also do not have a large recipe repertoire built up for eggplant. Generally I have been known to either bread it and fry it to put on spaghetti or a sandwich with fresh marinara. I have also been known to throw it in some lasagna as well! Well, that’s about it.
I HATE wasting any fresh, organically grown, local produce, especially when preserving and freezing is an option. So…I set out on a quest to find more eggplant recipes. Shocking to me (but I am sure not to others), I came up with a TON!
Here are some of my favorites:
1. Loaded Eggplant Rounds – I say that I don’t like “plain” eggplant but these (though not really plain at all) look AMAZING! Think loaded baked potato without all that starch:)
2. Eggplant chips – Now, a good friend of mine introduced me to these when started making them over a year ago. It is hard not to get hooked on them immediately! They have this natural salty taste and are delicious! Did I mention I have been jonesing for an Excalibur Dehydrator?
3. Pennoni with Grilled Eggplant, Mint, and Burrata – This non-red Italian dish from Martha Stewart looks like a nice spin for this veggie!
4. Eggplant Lasagna – I literally just take my basic Pork Lasagna Recipe and in two of the layers lay thin sliced eggplant (preferably fairytale eggplant because they are smaller) down. It really is a great way to get these extra nutrients in!
5. Amarinth Eggplant Burgers With Sriracha Tahini Sauce – We all know that I am a sucker for veggie burgers. Can’t wait to try these!
6. Eggplant Parmesan Quinoa Risotto – YUM! That’s all I have to say about this! Can’t wait to try this recipe from Coffee and Quinoa!
7. Moussaka – I am a gigantic fan of Greek food (hence the love for feta)! I can’t believe I haven’t discovered this dish before, although, I wasn’t really looking;) Can’t wait to try it! Have you had it before?
8. Smoky Eggplant Soup – Here is one to save for those cold winter days and the perfect reason to freeze some eggplant! Fabulous!
9. Roasted Eggplant and Red Pepper Dip – A perfect appetizer for a party!
10. Open Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce – It’s tomato season and heirlooms are my favorite! As a sauce girl, I can’t wait to try this celeriac sauce!
What are your favorite recipes that include eggplant?
Because I love connecting, this recipe is linked up to From the Farm Blog Hop!