So…I am not someone that is really able to sit down and relax much. I am inpatient, always on the move to the next thing. I like to constantly have a plan, know what is going to happen next. I hate when we are “just sitting around”. I am constantly filled with anxiety about the kids schedules and if and when H will take a nap and if someone is going to throw a tantrum while we are eating out at a restaurant.
Well, this week we are on vacation and things HAVE to be a little different.
This week, while we are away enjoying our time at the beach, my goals are (since I can’t give up the idea of having goals…it is non-negotiable):
- Throw away the schedule, H will take a nap…he really needs one, but when isn’t such a big deal
- Play Play Play on the beach – C and G are finally at the age of jumping waves, riding on a boogie board in the surf, and building monstrous sand castles with big moats around them. I am jumping in too!
- Get out for a long run with no worries of when I will get back – If you read my post here, you’ll see, this for me isn’t easy but is so important!
- Treats galore – We eat SO well and limit our treats SO much at home and we are not doing it on vacation. Don’t you remember when everything was negotiable on vacation when you were a kid? Ice cream at 3 o’clock in the afternoon, chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast…Well, I hope my kids have that memory too!
- Long walks with the kids – Looking forward to spending some time holding hands and talking, hearing their stories…
Really, if I could sum it all up, I just want that feeling of relaxation. You all know what I mean. Of course, the type of relaxation that occurs though with 3 kids under 6. That kind:) So…needless to say, I’ll be back in swing next week when we get back from vacation! See you then!
What are your favorite things to do on vacation? How do you relax?
I am finding Motivation Monday incredibly inspiring and motivating! Started by Barb from A Life in Balance and Stephanie from Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom, I have enjoyed reading this link-up for a long time now. It is a great way to start the week!